We can't quite travel the world given the current pandemic situation, but we can most definitely travel the world in our kitchens! Hop aboard the Fix Hot Sauce x Nona Lim x Maya Kaimal recipe collaboration plane - we're taking you to Vietnam with a fiery sriracha sauce kick, Singapore with fresh rice noodles, and North India with a creamy coconut simmer sauce.
So... are you adventurous enough to try out this noodle dish?!
- 1 box Nona Lim Laksa Rice Noodles
- 1/2 jar Maya Kaimal Coconut Korma Simmer Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Fix Lemongrass Hot Sauce
- 1-1.5 pounds assorted chicken thighs and drumsticks (skin-on, bone-in preferred but optional)
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (for frying) + 1 tablespoon for cooking
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 2 limes
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ½ cup water
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Place shallots in medium saucepan and pour in vegetable oil to submerge. Set over medium-low heat and cook about 12-minutes, stirring often so rings separate until shallots are golden brown. Keep an eye on them, as they will darken fast once they begin to brown. Using tongs, remove browned shallots on paper towel-lined plate and season with salt and let cool.
- While shallots are cooking, sprinkle salt on chicken thighs and drumsticks on both sides. Set heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil until oil is shimmering. Carefully place chicken into pot to brown on all sides.
- Once chicken is browned, pour Maya Kaimal Coconut Korma simmer sauce, Fix hot sauce, coconut milk, soy sauce, sugar, fish sauce, juice of one lime and water into same pot. Stir all ingredients together, making sure to scrape up bits from bottom. Bring to boil and turn down heat to low so that liquid simmers. Cook uncovered for 25-35 minutes, until about an inch of liquid has evaporated.
- Add both pouches of Nona Lim Laksa noodles into pot and separate noodles gently with a fork. Continue to simmer dish for another minute or two.
- Plate dish into two bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro, fried shallots, lime wedges and additional Fix Hot Sauce to taste.