A fireplace can warm you up during cold winter days, but so can a bowl of spicy ramen soup! We prefer the latter… it’s tastier 🙂 Cozy up with this recipe for your next meal!
- 4 Cups Vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp Miso paste
- 3 Tbsp Fix Lemongrass Sriracha
- 1 Cup Purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 Large Carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 Lime, squeezed
- 2 Cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ Tbsp Ginger, grated or finely minced
- 4 Green onions, whites and green part separated
- ½ Cup Coconut milk
- 15 oz. Tofu, pressed & cut into 1” cubes
- 1 Tbsp Tamari
- Ramen noodles
- 2 Vegan sausages (sub non-vegan)
- Sesame seeds, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. While the oven is heating, remove tofu from packaging. Press the tofu by wrapping in paper towels and placing a heavy object on top. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- After tofu has been pressed, dice into 1” squares. Toss tofu with 1 tbsp of Tamari and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 15-25 minutes until golden on the outside.
- For the broth, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil to a large pot and turn to medium heat.
- Add the white parts of the green onions, garlic, sausage, and salt. Cook until the sausage has browned and is cooked all the way through, about 5 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of vegetable broth, lime juice, and Fix Lemongrass Sriracha. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add coconut milk. Let sit for another 3 minutes. Do a taste test here to see if you need some more salt or spice.
- Add in the ramen noodles of choice and boil for 2 minutes less than what the package calls for. Since this will be staying in the broth, it’s going to continue to cook when you turn off the heat.
- Turn off the heat and add in miso paste. Stir for about 5 minutes or until completely dissolved.
- Serve ramen noodles and broth in a bowl. Add the tofu and top with your favorite toppings such as sesame seeds, green onion, raw veggies, and of course, extra Fix Lemongrass Sriracha!